Monday, August 30, 2010

Sarah Sumsion Week 1 Reflection

My last prerequisite before starting the program was Computer Technology in Education. I am so happy I just barely took that this summer (after 15 years since being in college). My instructor prepared me very well to begin this class. I was so inspired by Computer Technology that this class piggybacks well with it. After taking that class I wanted to make my classroom very high-tech, or digital friendly (whatever the proper word is). My last class taught me that the more I learned, the more I realized I didn't know. I'm sure this class will continue on that trend. I am so lucky to have very educated and competent teachers.

I hope to learn in this class how to create and implement lesson plans for my classroom using technology and media. There are so many free resources available on the web, it's thrilling. We live in a digital age. You can't pretend it's still a world using strictly paper and pencils in the classroom. I also hope to gain a better understanding of how to use technology and keep up with the plethora of changes and advancements that happen continually in technology. I consider myself somewhat tech-savvy, but after my computer technology class I realized I barely even knew the basics of what exists out there. I look forward to what this class has to offer by way of designing instructional material using technology and designing technology instruction.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors and I look forward to hearing more about what you learn!

    ReplyDelete