Monday, November 29, 2010

Strengths & Weaknesses

After reading about the NET standards I felt I had strengths in several areas:
1. basic knowledge and skills
2. identify technology resources
3. technology for professional development
4. design technology-enhanced instructions
5. using technology to collaborate and communicate.
6. using technology to increase productivity

I feel these strengths are a firm starting block to build better technological skills to help my classroom. I have used #5 above many, many times this semester in our cohort. I created a facebook group, collaborated on assignments through google docs, created a schedule using a spreadsheet in google docs, communicated with teachers and fellow students.

My weaknesses were:
1. using technology to assess and evaluate.
2. knowing how to troubleshoot
3. knowing all technology out there!

My goals:
1. Become more familiar with technology tools available for use in schools.
2. Learn more about integrating technology in the classroom.
3. Become confident with a few basic technology tools to start my classroom off.

It just seems the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. Technology is one thing that is always changing and you have to stay current because the students certainly will. The following website had lots of information, articles, even webquests for a teacher to learn more about using technology in a classroom as well as how to set up a technology-rich classroom. http://eduscapes.com/hightech/spaces/index.htm.  The UEN website has a professional development link with lists of courses and there are MANY about technology and multimedia. These would be geared directly toward the Utah state teachers and would be very applicable to a first year teacher just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment